Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chapter 22

Days seemed to fly by after that. Things were back to normal with Sid and me. We fell back into our normal routine like nothing had ever happened. When I went to my first game after that day the girls were excited to see me. They’d already heard that Sid and I were back together and told me they were glad we’d worked everything out.

“Muffin, you’re back!” Colby exclaimed while running over to give me a bear hug when he came down to pick up Mel after the game.

“Sweetie, I think you broke one of my ribs,” I said laughing and he let go of me.

“I’m not kidding about how happy I am to have you back. Sid was being a real piece of shit. He even had me depressed,” he told me. I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, things will be okay for you now,” I said sarcastically. He grinned and walked over to greet Mel.

“Oh, you knew I was here,” she joked when he kissed her on the forehead.

“You don’t call, you don’t write,” Ryan said walking into the room and giving me a hug.

“Sorry, Ry. I’ll make sure to keep in touch from now on.” Max was the next one in the room.

“I’m really sorry about what happened. If I hadn’t been stupid enough to introduce that girl to Sid none of that would have ever happened. I’m so sorry,” he said.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault. You didn’t know all of that was going to happen. Next time we fight though, hold off on bringing girls around,” I told him sarcastically. He smiled back at me.

“No, you can’t ever fight again! I can’t take another fight!” Colby called from the other side of the room. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed. It was good to be back.

The Penguins left to go on the road for the next few days. On the night they came back I wanted to do something special so I ran out on a few errands on my lunch break. I didn’t have time to get home so I stashed the bags in the car and went back to work. After the office closed I walked out to the car with Nancy and Violet. They were trying to convince me to go out for a couple of drinks. I was trying to bow out of it, but they weren’t having it.

“Come on. Just come for a couple of drinks. You’ll still be home in time to watch Sidney’s game, I promise,” Nancy begged.

“What makes you think that’s why I’m saying no?” I asked. They stopped walking, looked at each other, and burst out laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“Honey, you haven’t been able to keep that smile off your face since you two made up. You’re absolutely in love and with both of us being married, we can see the symptoms,” Violet said. I rolled my eyes at them and opened the back door to put down the files I was taking home. When I heard the peals of laughter behind me I turned around confused.

“Now what’s funny?” I asked them, glaring. Nancy pointed to my backseat.

“Special evening planned when he gets home?” she asked. I looked in my car and my face turned bright red. The bag with the lingerie I’d bought had tipped over and the lingerie was laying out in plain view.

“That’s great. I wonder how many people have seen that this afternoon.” Just then Dr. Markham walked over and I dove into the car trying to cover it up.

“Have a good evening, ladies,” he said, tipping his hat and continuing on to his car. This caused Nancy and Violet to laugh again.

“Okay, fine, I’ll go for drinks. But I’m only going for a little bit. I have things to do tonight, as I’m sure you can tell.”

I got in my car and followed them to a sports bar. I ended up staying later than I planned when I saw that they had the Penguins game on their big screen. By the time I left I was sure that Nancy and Violet would never invite me out when the Penguins were playing again. I was pretty vocal watching the first period and when Sid took a high stick to the face from Riley Cote I got really loud. I knew that I’d embarrassed them, which was hard considering how loud the two of them can be.

I made it home in time for the start of the second period and finished watching the game. The Pens lost 3-2 to the Flyers. Great, what kind of mood is he going to be in when he gets home? I sat around waiting for his call to find out if I should even bother with the plans. He finally called almost an hour after the game. He definitely wasn’t happy.

“Hey, babe. Sorry it took me so long to call, but I didn’t want to be an asshole to you so I needed some time to calm down after the game,” he told me. He still sounded angry.

“That’s okay, it was a tough game. I could have killed Cote though. The guy’s just a goon.” He laughed. Maybe he wasn’t as angry as I thought.

“I can always count on you to have my back.” I decided to still go ahead with the plan tonight.

“Come here when you get home. I’ll try to cheer you up some.” He agreed to come by. We talked for a few more minutes before he hung up. I started to get ready for when he would get home.

I finished up doing everything I needed to. Now I just had to wait. I knew that Sidney would be here anytime. I didn’t have to wait long. I heard his car pull into the driveway and got ready. I had sent him a message already telling him to just come in, because I’d probably be asleep. Obviously that was a lie, but I wanted it all to be a surprise. I heard the door open and then close. Hopefully he’d like the surprise.





He pulled into the driveway glad to be back. It had only been three days but he couldn’t wait to hold Loralei again. He was glad she’d asked him to just go over there when he got home. She’d also told him she’d probably be sleeping so he’d just have to wake her up. He walked into the house and put his stuff down in the foyer. When he looked up he noticed that there was a flickering light coming from the hallway leading to the stairs. Had she forgotten to blow out a candle before she went to bed?

He walked around the corner and froze in place, his jaw dropping. Loralei was standing on the stairs surrounded by candles and she was wearing what he thought must be quite possibly the sexiest thing ever made. It was black, lacy, and almost completely see-through. She had on a pair of very tall red heels. She had her hair done in loose curls and her lips were as red as the heels. The candlelight just added to the scene in front of him.

“Sorry about the game tonight,” she said to him. It took him a minute to form words.

“What game?” he asked. She smiled that sexy smile of hers and motioned for him to come to her. As he walked to her she bit her lower lip and he thought he was going to lose his mind. When he got up to her he gave her another onceover. “Have I told you how beautiful you are?”

“Not today,” she responded while taking his shirt off. Then she ran her hands over his chest and he thought he was going to explode. He reached out to touch her, but she pushed his hands away. Then she kissed him, lightly at first. The kiss quickly became harder and deeper until he thought he was just going to take her right there on the stairs. Just as he was about to throw her down she pulled away from him.

“Babe, I’m going to be honest, you’re torturing me here,” he said, breathless.

“That’s the point. You like?”

“I love.” She took his hand and began to lead him up the stairs.

“Wait until we get to the bedroom.” Somehow he thought that tonight would be the best night of his life.

2 comments:

Val said...

now, that was a great chapter...keep it up, girlfriend!

Lauren said...

Great stuff...they are cute together!